Tuesday, May 6, 2014

2014 Make CF History Charity Classic "CF Champion" Spotlight: Meet Gabby

Today's "CF Champion" spotlight is Hatrick Swayze's Gabby Ives:

My name is Gabby and I was born with Cystic Fibrosis. Growing up with CF was normal for me since I never knew a life without it. My friends and family have always been so supportive of me, which makes the journey very manageable. It is a lot easier having an older sister going through the same things as I am, and I can always go to her when I need help. Cystic Fibrosis has not limited my life whatsoever. I am able to live a normal teen's life thanks to the effort from all of the wonderful people like you taking part in these events. :) I am so appreciative for all of the players making a difference in lives like mine. It means the world to me that so many generous people are putting in their time to making a cure for Cystic Fibrosis. I could never thank you guys enough.

Team Hatrick Swayze, led by team Captain (and Make CF History Founder) Chad Eddy, will be dedicating their tournament to Gabby. Gabby's sister Madi (also born with CF) will be represented by the Monday Knights.

Gabby (left) and Make CF History Charity Classic Chairperson, Chad Eddy (right)